Friday, May 4, 2012

The BIG 5-0!

So I did it!

I can't EVEN believe it!

Since January 2, I lost 50 pounds!!


I can't believe I did it!

No before and after pics! Just excited!

People ask why I want to lose weight! All of the obvious reasons are there: I want to be healthy, I want to play more with my boys, I want to be around forever.

But one of the other reasons is because I am a leader. I lead the group of kiddos at my
 church. I WAS the only member of my family that belonged to my church and they
look to me as sort of an example. I NEVER wanted them to look at me and say, wowzers
that girl isn't following the Lord's law of health. It says in the scriptures that our bodies
are temples! When i think of temples, I think of beauty and wonderfulness. I think of a
quiet, subdues, spiritual place where the Spirit ALWAYS dwells.

Was that me? Did I take great care of myself?? Nope. I ate, and ate and ate. To get back to where I need to be is HARD!!! It's a crazy balance! You HAVE to eat enough, but not too much. You HAVE to exercise enough, but not too much.

Our bodies are AMAZING! It took me a good 10 years to put on all of this weight. It's only taken me 4 months to take off 50 lbs!!! We are truly blessed to have the bodies we do.

Thanks for stopping and reading!! I hope I didn't come off as boastful. This has taken me a while to actually do because I didn't want to come off prideful!

Any advice on how to keep a healthy body and lifestyle, PLEASE shoot them my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment