Monday, October 3, 2011

Decide this day....

My oldest son M will be turning 7 in about a month (tear) and a goal I have set for myself is to re-read the Book of Mormon before his birthday. I want to spend time over the year until he turns 8 having one-on-one time reading and studying the Book of Mormon. I know he is young but I want him to have a testimony, no matter how small, of the Book of Mormon. I don't want him to be baptized  just because I say so!!!!!!

As I was reading, I was struck by a couple of verses in Alma 5: 15-17. It reads:

"Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?

I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

Or do ye imagine to yourselves that ye can lie unto the Lord in that day, and say -- Lord, our works have been righteous works upon the face of the earth -- and that he will save you?"

I hope to stand before God and know that I did the very best that I could while I was in this mortal body. I know that He knows each one of us on a very personal level. He wants us to do our best. And even more, He wants to help us do our very best!! He is there to listen. He wants us to live by faith, knowing that He is there and that He cares. We need to listen to the still, small voice of the Holy Ghost and follow it's promptings.

I have a lot to work on!! I know that the Savior lives and loves each one of us!! He will help us get through the tough times. Rely on Him!! He will help you!!!

For more info on the Book of Mormon, go to http://www.mormon.org/

1 comment :

  1. i just spent time (i should've spent getting dinner ready) reading your blog and oh.my.gosh your family is so sweet! two boys and you look so cute! hopefully i can follow in your footsteps ;)

    ReplyDelete