Tuesday, September 23, 2014

General Conference Is Almost Here!!

Sooo...I love General Conference like I love Christmas!!! Excited to wake up on Saturday morning and get mentally ready to hear from all of the general authorities and listen to their wise counsel!

We love getting together with our family! But with 4 boys 13 and under and 1 girl, sometimes we struggle with concentration! 

Our favorite thing to do is buy some small candies to play general conference bingo! The kids listen to hear the words on the card and then place a candy! They are not allowed to eat the candy until a bingo is called. It's nice because it actually takes a while before someone actually gets a bingo!
I printed my bingo cards from this wonderful blog: Bits of Everything


On Saturday evening, I roll out a prepare cinnamon rolls. I make them and before they have a chance to rise, I freeze them. Then, the next morning all I do is thaw, bake and put icing on them! SOOOOOO good!

There are soooo many great ideas for General Conference, both for small children, and even big children, like me!!! 

Here's a list of some of my favorite places to go for ideas:







I am sure there TONS more out there to be had, but these are my go to's! 

Whatever I do this year, I know I am blessed, and so is my family, with the wise counsel from our leaders!

"Every time we are obedient to the words of the prophets and apostles we reap great blessings. We receive more blessings than we can understand at the time, and we continue to receive blessings long after our initial decision to be obedient." -Elder Paul V. Johnson

1 comment :

  1. Hey Lady, thanks for the link! And I love your Christmas child barrettes!!

    ReplyDelete