Monday, September 15, 2014

Family: Wholesome Recreational Activities

"Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." 
The Family: A Proclamation to the World

I love planning things to do with my family. I love seeing all of us together and having fun. One of our favorite activities to do is play baseball. Every Memorial Day and Labor Day, we've made a tradition of going to the nearest ball field and playing until we can't play anymore! 

We even made fun t-shirts! My family is so large that we are able to split into two teams! One of the teams is fluorescent yellow and the other is fluorescent orange!!! We seriously have the best time and our family looks forward to it sooo very much!    



Below is my brother Bill, getting ready to hit his third or fourth home run! Some of the spectators think we are some kind of pro-team! Haha! We all wish!


Below is my "little" brother Joe, helping my almost-niece Tori hit the ball!


Here's my Aaron, who I think may be the BIGGEST baseball enthusiast! He loves it!


And then there's Mike...he'd rather play basketball!!!! ;)


Then there's my momma! She is the kid wrangler, and one of the best players on the team!!! She has my sweet niece Saiya with her! 


My niece Kara is pretty good herself! Though she isn't keen on sweating!! 


Finding something for our family to do is rough. We don't all have the same values or even the same religious beliefs (My mom and I along with two of my nephews and one niece are the only members of the church in our family of about 20!!) but we love to be together, which is the absolute most important thing!! So finding something that we are all willing to do is awesome! I love spending time with them!! Makes my heart smile and I know it is important to Heavenly Father! Double bonus!!

Can't wait for Memorial Day! It's too far away! Maybe football for Thanksgiving?!?! Maybe we'll give it a shot! 

No comments :

Post a Comment